Sunday, October 31, 2010

STOCKING EXCHANGE

Have You Prayed for Your Secret Sister Today?

Well, here it is, the last day of October, tomorrow being November 1st. Where did the time go this year? It is time to prepare for our annual Stocking exchange.


Date is the first Saturday of December which is: Dec. 4th
To be held at the usual place: Jessica's house
Time to start the festivities will be: 12 noon to 2 or 3

Remember to bring your stocking, box, bag, or what-have-you with 10 wrapped gifts for your secret sister. We will be given our new 2011 secret sisters name in a different way this year. Last year, each one of us posted our "likes and dislikes", our favorite music, colors, etc. on our blog. I have copied each sisters list, put each one in a separate envelope, given these envelopes to an impartial person, (namely a man!) and had him put a name of each envelope, making sure that the list DID NOT match the name on the envelope. I was guaranteed that each envelope DID NOT belong to the person that was on that list inside the envelope. The envelopes are sealed and will be given out at our party. Since we have been doing the Secret Sister thing for several years, we may end up having a name that we had previously, but that is OK. It is still fun to buy for that person and remembering to pray for her and her family.

This year went so fast, I have to hang my head in shame because I let several months go by without sending a card or letting my Secret Sister know I pray for her every day. This year, I PROMISE I will do better! At least, I do have good intentions!

If you ladies have suggestions for our exchange, please post it soon so we can get everything ready for our FUN Day....love to you all....Mom

8 comments:

secret sister said...

mom.. lookn' forward to it.. i , too, have not been a consistent s.s. but i did try to send something every once in awhile..money always was an issue..tho, that's not an excuse..i'm afraid that that was my one problem this year.. hope she understands..:)
i will let you know what i am bringing in a few weeks.. gonna check what new recipe i can come up with..lol! :)
loveya, sue

secret sister said...

Well, I think this is the truth for all of us..LOL...I do believe, though, that we all know we are thought of and prayed for, and we all love one another. Hopefully, I will do better this coming year, at least that is one goal I am aiming for. I went through my 2011 calendar yesterday and marked in red, one day every month that I am going to either send a card or a gift. I figured if I mark it with a red marker, it will draw my eyes to that date and then I will remember!
Love ya....Mom

secret sister said...

that's a great idea.. sue

secret sister said...

Yessiree, Sue, I do believe you and I are the only ones that converse here on this blog..LOL..LOL. It's nice have a blog where we can meet...LOL...Mom

secret sister said...

I should rephrase this...LOL....it looks like you, Lori and myself are about the only ones that get on here anymore...LOL...maybe we 3 just aren't "busy" enough..we have all kinds of time to post stuff..LOL..LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm busy enough!! Don't be piling any more work on me:)I am in for the stocking exchange!! Andy just doesn't know it yet:p. I wanted to maybe spend the night but I think our small group party is the next day and I can't miss that. I think it's gonna be at a fancy schmancy house!! Our group only has 10 members so I think we'd be missed if we didn't show. I still might stay though and just come home early in the am. Sue...are you up for an overnight guest? :) I'm only sort of kidding:)I can't stay with my parents:( I still sort of have bad feelings. Hopefully by then everything will be better though:/

Love, Lori

secret sister said...

you are very welcome here, lori!! would love it.. :) can't wait!

secret sister said...

and mom, i think it's cool that you and lori and i have our own blog!! LOL!!