Have You Prayed for Your Secret Sister Today?
I just thought I would update everyone on how Addison has been.
At the beginning of the summer Dr. Enlow put her on Keppra and we've been slowly increasing the dose. She reached the max amount so we are trying a different medicine called Topamax. She's still having the same seizures she was in the beginning but now when she has one her eyes roll back...... so they're a little more pronounced than they were. This medicine should have less effect on her moods but she won't be able to sweat well so she could get over-heated and her appetite will decrease. There's also a very small chance she could develop kidney stones as this medicines is eliminated through the kidneys. We scheduled an appointment with a very good neurologist from Rainbow Babies in Cleveland that specializes in Children with Epilepsy just to make sure we're going about this the right way...... and to clear my head that I've done everything I possibly can in hopes that I can sleep again!
So please continue the prayers that we find some kind of something -- meds, supplement, therapy, whatever -- that will help her and please pray that Dan and I can get some kind of peace of mind as parents. Thank You!
Love You All
Ashley
4 comments:
Awwww...how cute those pictures are!! We will be praying that Addison's seizures get under control; that you and Dan have peace of mind in this situation and that everything works out just fine. Hard to believe Brixton is so big! Time certainly flies by fast....love ya...Mom
We will be praying for Addison's health and for your peace of mind. You and Dan are great parents and I am sure that you are doing all that you can and making the best decisions for Addison. None of this is your fault in any way. All 3 of your babies are very blessed that you are their mommy!! Don't doubt yourself.
Lori
I will be praying for all of your family to.
love- secret sister here
Thank you for all the prayers going out for us!
Post a Comment