On Thursday night my neighbor called and asked me to go to the Women of Faith conference with her church group. They had an extra ticket and gave it to me for whatever I was willing to pay. Andy thought it would be really good for me to see the actual conference though so we decided I would go.
Friday night was wonderful!!!! They started off with a skit about how women worry so much about being judged by other women when in reality....it doesn't matter what anyone thinks of us but God. And God made each and every one of us beautiful. Then Patsy Clairmont came out. I fell in love with this woman. I sat there wishing she were my grandmother or great aunt or spiritual mentor!! I just loved her. She was stylish and funny and sarcastic and poignant and in love with Jesus...everything I hope to be when I grow up!! Her message rang so clear to me. God has used her to change me. As soon as I get the money I'm gonna go buy both of her books. I know reading her whole story will change my life forever. For realz...she meant that much to me.
Then Stephen Curtis Chapman came out and did a concert. It was fabulous!! He talked about Maria Sue and how his life has been changed this past year. All 17,000 women in attendance were bawling. He really encouraged me in so many ways. He played a song he wrote for his wife about how much her job as a mommy meant to the world. I have never heard this beautiful song and let me tell you it spoke to my heart and soul in so many ways. Then he played Cinderella and Dive. I came away from Friday night with a renewed sense of how important my job really is. And even if I don't feel very beautiful anymore...I am. It's time to dive in and do this job God has called me to with joy and passion and whole heartedly. God also pressed my heart with the whole adoption/fostering issue again. I really think this might be one of my purposes in the years to come.
The next day was just as wonderful!!
Mandisa did a concert and let me tell you...she is fantastic!!! She is also gorgeous:) She talked about her time on American Idol and how forgiving Simon for his utter rudeness to her was just a given. Well I won't give away the whole story but it was great. Heartbreaking but great!!
Lisa Welchel talked about some things that I also think will change my life. I wish I could type everything out but I can't. Let me just say that I knew exactly what she was talking about when she told her story. Exactly. We may be the same person in fact. Well except I've never been blond or famous or worked with George Clooney:) But her emtions and walls and reservations...yeah that's me all the way!! Saving up for her book as well. Did you all know that even after the Facts of Life she was poor. She had to learn how to sew so she could make her kids cute clothes because she couldn't afford to buy them. Her husband and her kids and of course her lived in a rented house on someones farm.
We also heard from Luci Swindoll, Marilyn Meberg and sheila Walsh. I learned something different from every one of these amazing women.
They are coming back next year!! April 30th and May 1st. I would encourage everyone of you to start saving your money now and come to this!! It will encourage you, give you hope, make you laugh and then of course cry!! They sell most of their tickets to big groups so that may be the way to go. See if there would be a large group from church or just a big bunch of friends. I know they've already started selling tickets.
Lori
2 comments:
lori,
sounds like you had a very great, spiritual weekend!! how wonderful for you to experience it.. a lady from church said if i ever had the chance to go to that.. to jump on it.. if you go next year.. maybe we could go together. how much are the tickets? maybe all us sisters could do it.. what a wonderful end to your birthday week!
enjoy the week :)
loveya, sue
Sounds like a great time. I believe one of the singles from our church went in the past, I wonder if she went again this year? Her name is Melanie Vickers.
Maybe if you keep us posted we can plan something in advance for next year.
thanks!
Trac
Post a Comment