Thursday, January 28, 2010

Lori

Have You Prayed for Your Secret Sister Today?

Hi Lori! Pray that your surgery went well and that you are up and around.
I am sorry I haven't been a very good s.s yet, but I soon hope to remedy that.
Be looking for a package here in the next week or so.. I can't wait, hope you can't
either.

Love.
Your Secret Sis

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Secret Sister!!

I am not really up and around:( This surgery has seriously kicked my bootay!! My daddy had to come and take care of me this week because Andy had to head back to work and I COULD NOT take care of myself...let alone the kids! It has been a truly horrific week:( Today is the first day I have been on my own since last Friday. Asher was supposed to have school but we decided that it would be unsafe for me to drive him there so we are holed up in the house instead! Luckily the kids school is only about 2 minutes away so I could take care of that.

I had my stitches taken out yesterday and the surgeon made it a point to tell me what a hard case I was and how I would have a long road to recovery. Then he handed me another bottle of pain pills!! It seems like everytime I take 1 step forward I also take 2 steps backward in this recovery:(

Thank you for thinking of me:) Sorry to give such a crappy update though...man I feel like such a complainer!

Love, Lori

secret sister said...

Sorry to hear that your recovery isn't exactly how you would want it to be. That was really great that your dad was able to come and help with the children. I bet that the children liked that he was there also. I will keep you in my prayers and pray that the pain and discomfort will disappear soon. I wish that I was able to help you in some way. Unfortunately, prayers are all I can give you right now. Take care of yourself and allow yourself some healing time. The housework will still be there when you are feeling better. Sit back and relax, loveya, s.s.

Anonymous said...

The kids were thrilled their paw paw was here!! They were pretty scared about how awful I was doing and I think having him here took their minds off it:)

I'll take all the prayers I can get!! I am very worried that it was huge mistake and that my mouth will never be the same again:( If I don't have pain pills in me I am sobbing and shaking in pain:( I am not a pill taker and this is a huge deal to me. But the pain is unbelievable so there is no avoiding the pills. I'm starting to get worried I'll run out of pills and won't be able to get more. I'll be so embarrassed to call the doc and ask for a 3rd script:( I am taking 3 advil and 1 vicoden every 4 hours and I still end up in tears before the 4 hours is up. And I can't open my mouth up very far AT ALL!! I don't think I'll ever be the same again:( The plus side is I have lost 6 pounds!!

secret sister said...

Do you have a hot pad? maybe you could try putting some heat and then some cold alternate, might help with some of the soreness and swelling.. Are you irrigating the site? How long did the Dr. tell you there would be soreness?
You've got my prayers!

Anonymous said...

I am irrigating the site with salt water 4 times a day. My poor lips are so dried out that they are cracked and bleeding!

I have stayed away from heat because I thought that may make the swelling worse? I have been putting frozen bags of peas on my face pretty regularly though.

The Dr. just said that he had a very hard time getting the teeth out and that my road to recovery would be a long one!

I do feel a bit better this morning so that is good!! Thanks for the prayers:)