Thursday, May 15, 2008

Birthday/Memorial Day party UPDATE...

Howdy-do to all who are coming...I still haven't heard from some of you so please let me know! This is what I know so far regarding food...

We are providing hotdogs/buns, birthday cake or cupcakes and whatever else....

Andrea (Joel's sister) is bringing the baked beans.
Sandy (Joel's sis.inlaw) is possibly bringing a fruit pizza.
I mentioned to Jess a side dish would be good...I'm not sure what she's bringing.
Mom- you were waiting on word from me...would you mind bringing another meat/sand. item like sloppy joe or ? so there is an alternative? I bought a large pack of the extra long hotdogs (bunsize or something) they look longer than the original kind. Once I know what people are bringing I can fill in the gaps.

I hope the weather is nice that day! I've been doing some gardening and work in the yards...I have pots I've planted seeds for Sweet Basil and Curly Parsley and I have watermelon seeds soaking now to plant today...have to decide where to put them. There was a dead spot in the backyard from the sandbox so me and the boys planted a variety of flower seeds and I put whatever bricks and rocks I could find around the edges. Been doing some other related stuff, hopefully it looks nice when everyone's here. No butterfly bush yet...I'm finding they are more expensive than my friend thought so I don't know if I'll get one...I've been looking at some other stuff too since that was going to be my mother's day gift from Joel and the boys and I haven't gotten it yet.

Let me know about food and anyone else who needs to rsvp...you can come w/o it (rsvp) but it sure would help me plan.

Bring lawn chairs if you have them, just in case we need a few extras!

No comments: