Thursday, July 23, 2009

more prayers..:)

hey there... just wanted to ask that you be praying for shaun..he has had several episodes of severe migraines in the last 3 weeks ... we went to the dr. and he has had 2 cat scans.. the last one being today.. shaun wasn't able to tell but he thinks they may of seen something today ... we are waiting to hear the results.. we just want some answers to our questions.. why? what makes them come on so fast? and what can we do to make them stop.. nothing seems to work on them..
well..
i will keep you updated as soon as we know something.. thank you all so very much!
love,
sue

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are praying Sue. Hopefully the test results come back quickly. I can't imagine living with constant migraines:( I get them once a month and they are awful!! Poor Shaun:( Praying that you guys get an answer quickly and that it is something that is very easily treatable!

Love Ya
Lori

secret sister said...

I was sitting here wondering if Shaun is having what is called: Cluster headaches..those are terrible migraines that make you have to throw up. We are praying that this is something that can be treated easily and that it is nothing serious. Sue Caton's son-in-law has had migraines now for several years and he has been tested for everything under the sun and all his tests come back fine; nothing wrong. I guess some days are so terribly bad he can hardly move his head (at least that was the last report I had gotten quite awhile back). Perhaps you could talk to Beth and see what her husband has found out and what treatments he is given. In the meantime we will continue praying. Please let us know what the tests show. Love ya...mom

Anonymous said...

Also, my sister in law Sandy and her cousin Andrea (who I discipled) both have a past w/ migraines.

Will be praying for this too.

Hey, how did Shaun's carpel tunnel surgery/healing do? My left wrist is flaring up very frequently now (I'm right handed too!). I'm wondering if I'm headed for surgery.

luv,
Tracy

sue said...

thanks everyone.. i have been keeping a journal of sorts on shaun's migraine and what appears to trigger them right before.. the commone thread seems to be smells..then they go and change direction and he will get one while he is sleeping..
mom, i do remember beth's husband getting those.. thanks for reminding me..
lori, thank you so much.
tracy, his surgery went very well and he has about 60 % of use now..the strength takes some time to get back.. but i would recommend the surgery.. don't wait.. the dr. said that his down time wouldn't have been as long if he had come in when the symptoms were not as severe.. good luck :)
thanks again all of you.. loveya, sue

Anonymous said...

Praying fer ya's Sue! If nothing shows up on the CT Scans, maybe he should see an allergist..we go to Garren in Dover.

I think Eric gets these too and they never figured out why...I wonder if its from the computers? If I am around dust from electronics (tv, vcr,laptop, computers,)I get very ill and have to go lay down for at least an hour!

Love, Steph

sue said...

thanks steph..
the dr. called on friday and we weren't home to get the results..
:( so we have to wait til 2moro.. i will post what the results were.. thanks so much to all of you for all the prayers! :)
loveya. sue