Hi everyone,
Hope everyone is having a fantastic Summer!! I am just here to ask for bunches of prayers :)
First of all my Gma Eileen hasn't been doing well at all. She fell out of bed 2 weeks ago and they had to call 911 to come and get her. She is in a lot of pain and they can't decide if she broke her clavical bone or if she has an impacted vertebrae. She has been at home on pain meds for the past 2 weeks. Last night they had to call 911 again because she was throwing up blood and having very bloody bowel movements. My dad found her (he lives with her) in the middle of the night in her bedroom. She could not make it to the bathroom :( This is very unlike my gma. In fact I think the woman would rather die than make a mess :) This past year she was diagnosed with the early stages of alzheimer's as well. Please pray for her. She is having a scope tomorrow a.m. to try and figure out where all this blood is coming from. It has been very very difficult for me to hear about all of this 2nd hand. I want very much to be with her but we are so far away and we are all sick to boot. She is like a mom to me. When I was little and my mom decided to abandon me my gma is the one who took me in (I lived with with her for and extended time) and raised me. She always made sure I had school supplies and clothes and food when my mom was neglectful. As crabby as she can be she was one of only 2 stable adults in my life when I was growing up. I don't think I would be here today without the love and care she gave me when I was little.
Second...My dad and brother have lost their jobs. My dad thought they would be safe because he has the most seniority at his company. However, with the most seniority came the biggest pay and in the end that got him axed. Since my brother works with him he was cut as well. I think this is supposed to be hush hush and he doesn't want it made public yet but they sure could use some prayers. Maybe my mom the most since my dad doesn't seem worried. Of course he's not the one who pays the bills either. My mom is scrambling to sell some of their things and I guess my brother has a bunch of his stuff listed as well:( We know so many people out of work right now.
Third...homeschooling. We have been going back and forth with whether to homeschool for the last several months. Our minds were totally made up and then Isaac was selected to be on a special team for the next school year. He is very excited about this opportunity at school and has decided he no longer wants to be homeschooled:( Please pray that we make the right decision for our kids and our family. Andy is 100% sure which way he wants to go but I keep going back and forth between the two options.
Thanks Girls
Lori
5 comments:
Hi Lori,
I will certainly be praying about all these situations. It is wonderful to know we can go to the Lord 24/7 and He really cares about our "hurts and pains" and He still performs miracles and answers prayers! Please keep us updated on your grma and also on the job situations. That is all very sad and I am sure not having a job is a very empty and helpless feeling; something out of their control and not really knowing what to do. Jobs seem so hard to find at this time, but we know the Lord can supply the needs that they have and also open doors for a job. Let us know how your grma's test turn out...love you all...Mom
so sorry to hear that your gma is still not feeling well.. hopefully they can figure this out soon..
and you can count on the prayers!
sorry to hear about your dad and brother.. this is so widespread.. and unbelievable how many we know that are affected.. prayers are there also..
the homeschooling... well.. i will say that if anyone can do that i believe you can! you have that teaching nature about you and a good grasp of what it takes to see your kiddos succeed..(also.. the patience ! :)) i think you should go for it!
keep us updated on all that is happening..
love,
sue
Thanks Girls!
I'm going to give my gma a call this afternoon. She won't be able to give me any updates as far as her condition goes but it will be good to hear her complaining!!
My Aunt has done a very good job of keeping me updated so hopefully I will hear from her later today with some test results.
I talked to my dad last night and he is MAD about his job. He has been at the company LONGER than the owner has been. He feels very betrayed and devastated to be starting over at 50. My brother has a couple of side job opportunities coming up so he should be okay for the next 2 months or so as far as money goes. I hope this pushes him into college. He is a natural born teacher.
Sue you think very highly of me....are you sure you really know me? Patience? HAhahahahaha!! Your vote of confidence means the world to me:) thank you!
Love,
Lori
Will be praying for these too. Keep us posted on how things are going.
luv,
Tracy
Homeschooling is an important decision, what might help one child grow and bloom may hinder the next. I say continue to pray about it, search yourself and see why you have the desire to go that route and I'm sure the answer will be right there for you :)
Homeschooling was what I needed to do for the period of time in our lives and it was very difficult for me to allow the girls to go back into the public school system. It came down to me seeking the Lords will for each of our lives and to soul search my deepest fears of why I didn't want them to enter into the public school system.
Trust me, homeschooling is my safety-zone...but for me it came to a realization that I had to fully trust the Lord to protect, lead and guide them AND myself daily.
I'm still open to homeschool again and I let each of them know this often! LOL
Love, Steph
Post a Comment