I love this new layout. So Springy!
Thank You mom for all the cooking you did at the mothers day get together we had at my house. It was a fun day for all of us, and a much needed time of togetherness for me personally. We all love You and dad very much. To the sisters and brothers that missed....well, we missed you too!
But I definetly know what its like to be soooooooo busy you feel like your losing your mind! (ha ha) .
I read a verse that was encouraging to me today and wanted to share it with whoever wanted to read it;
Phil. 4:19--"God shall supply all your need
according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."
I know how this website is suppose to be set up for the purpose of encouraging one another, but I have to say not much encouraging is going on. Don't misunderstand me, I am not pointing the finger at anyone but myself. but I think we all can do better at the "encouraging" thing. Not just on websites but in person too. I totally suck at keeping intouch with sue and lori, and I am sorry for that. I have a million excuses,but that doesnt justify the behavior. I will try to do better in the future. How will You do? I challange all you girls to reach out and call a fellow sister who you havent talked to lately or who u dont talk to much at all.
I love ya all and be listening for my call!!!! :)
Jess
3 comments:
ring, ring, ring, ring!! hahah.. just kidding jess.. i try to see you all, but with everyone going in a million different directions, its seems like we don't get together often enough.. i am sorry about sat. but there wasn't a lot of notice and we had already planned something for that day.. i am glad that you all had a great time..mom said that you all had fun! we got to touch base with her on sunday after service, before dad took her for dinner.. :) hopefully we will have some breathing room this summer.. and can plan something for us sisters to do.. shaun and i are planning on going to visit lori and andy here in the next few weeks before he goes back to work..the boys want to do cosi and truthfully so do i! love that place.. anywho... hope that you all have a great rest of the week and that i see you or hear from you soon.. love ya all, sue
I just typed out a whole long post. Took me 2 hours:) For real! The site ate it:) Guess I wasn't supposed to share my thoughts? God trying to tell me something? I don't know...
Maybe I'll try again in the AM:)
Love, Lori
Let's try this again:)
Sue...yay I'm so glad you guys are coming for a visit!!You will love COSI:)The traveling Titanic exhibit is there now (costs extra to get in)and I can't wait to go see it! So much fun!! We love it there:)If you are looking for lunch/dinner ideas the Spaghetti Warehouse is right beside COSI and it is AWESOME!! For real:)Delish and a fun atmosphere.
Jess...I am sorry we didn't make it for the Mother's Day get together:( Isaac had his very first ball game of the season on that day. When we signed up for ball we made a commitment to the team to attend all practices and games. It was cold and rainy here that day and I would've much rather been hanging at your house than the ball fields!! Trust me:)LOL
We haven't been coming to t-county very often lately, but when we do, we are in high demand. Not very many people come here to see us, so everyone expects us to go see them when we are in town. It is very very difficult to see and have quality visiting time with that many people when you have just a few short hours. We do always call mom and dad when we are in town. If they are home we will stop by to see them. The only other person we make it a point to NEVER miss is my crabby gma...her health is not the best and I don't want to have any later regrets you know.
With Summer coming it will definitely be easier for me to pack the kids up and head back for the day. But I have to be invited, because 2 hours there and 2 hours back is an awfully long drive for me to come and have nobody be home:)!! Or everyone be busy!! That would totally stink.LOL
I have said many times before that everyone has an open invitation to our home. We live in a great city with lots of fun things to do and we would love to show you around. I have suggested shopping trips, scrapping slumber parties, women of faith conference, metro park visits and the zoo. It has never worked out for anybody. I understand that we all have busy schedules and previous commitments. I know that it is a long drive. I know it's hard to coordinate everyone's schedules/finances. That is why I left the invitation open. I'm afraid if I keep asking people to come visit us it will verge on harassment and you all will get sick of me!! LOL
Please know that if you do come here and don't want us following you around like puppies...I understand that as well. I know that we all need family time. I know that there is lots to do and see here and we may not be your main attraction:)That's okay. I would like the chance to spend just 10 minutes with you to get a hug and see a familiar smiling face. I don't get that here and it has been hard for me. The only people I really talk to are Andy and my kiddo's. It gets a little lonely for me:( Don't get me wrong...I have made acquaintances here...but no kindred spirits. Hoping our new church will provide me with a better chance to get to know people.
I hope the blog is resurrected. We had about 4 or 5 regular posters for a long time and it was nice to get encouragement from those ladies. I loved it when we posted our menu plans and recipes and goals and struggles:)
Shamefully, I am awful about sending cards:( I admit it. I do think about everyone all the time. My intentions are awesome but my follow through stinks!! This is definitely something I need to work on. Thank you for the reminder:) I will take you up on your challenge!
Off to make cards for everyone now...LOL
Lots of love to everyone:)
Lori
Post a Comment