So excited that Summer break is almost here!! I have been counting down the days since Christmas:) Isaac's teachers this year have been something else and I can't wait to be done with them. We started the year off with the bluberry incident and things have just gone downhill since then. Just last week Isaac got a warning for yelling in the bathroom. Well he yelled because 2 other classmates were staring into his stall making fun of him:( When he nicely told them to go away they didn't listen. So he yelled. What else was he supposed to do? He was kind of in a vulnerable position! His teacher told him there was a better way to handle it. Of course she didn't tell him what that better way was.
Yesterday he said that Mrs J. accidentally kicked his clipboard across the room. I guess they were all on the floor with their clipboards while taking a quiz. Anyway, he missed one of the questions while he was retrieving his clipboard, so he asked her to repeat it...she said no! Hello!! It was your fault lady:( She basically says that boys stink and girls are better. I could tell so many stories of these teachers.
We are again considering homeschooling next year. I just worry because Maia has so many friends that she would miss. Asher needs to actually make friends. And Isaac is looking forward to learning to play the Cello and being on Safety Patrol. Honestly though I regret not pulling them last year. And Andy is pretty set on the homeschooling. I just worry about every little thing! Andy doesn't think we could screw them up any more than the school already has:)
We are coming to the end of our lease again. We are faced with the decision to stay put or to buy in another town. We can't afford to buy in Dublin...property taxes are crazy high. There are a lot of really nice houses in Delaware and I think we would really like the town but it is farther for Andy back and forth to work. Plus I think it would be hard for us to NOT be in the city now that we have lived here for 2 years. Delaware has a Buehler's though. But I would miss Trader Joe's and my easy access to the zoo and downtown Columbus. Decisions...decisions...
On a totally different subject, Asher is completely covered in hives right now:( The Benadryl isn't helping. Anybody have any other ideas? The Dr. just said to keep doing what we are doing.
Please just pray that we make the right decisions for our family in every aspect of our lives. We are still in a weird state of transition and I think we need to start settling into something more permanent.
Fixer guy is here to fix my disposal. gotta go.
Love, Lori
Have You Prayed for Your Secret Sister Today?
3 comments:
that teacher should not be with students!! crazy! that is a hard decision.. but they would be able to be connected with other homeschooled children, right?? better to do it now then later..
wow, house hunting again.. i feel for you there.. praying for you to get some answers..
asher, poor lil' guy.. the dr. told me unless noah had difficulty breathing, to just keep up w/ bendryl and cold compresses, showers.. it could take weeks for them to disappear.. when we took noah to the ER the other day they did give him epi.. and steriods , dr. hillyer wasn't pleased with that but i for one was glad they did.. it looked horrible.
praying for you guys.. :) hang in there!
love, sue
Thanks Sue!! Miss Juda is a real peach...yep she sure is. You'd think she was an old biddy with the way she treats these students. But no...she is young...and hip...with a face full of piercings. This is her very first class out of college actually. I think she should of chosen a different a different profession.
We are not the only people who hate this school. 3 of my kid's friend's moms are teachers and they ALL hate this school:( They are all looking for ways to get their kids out of it.
Asher looks just a bit better today. He is still covered in hives but they aren't as red and puffy anymore. I'm hoping they don't flare back up again. It kinda stinks because I wanted to do some outside activities this weekend but I can't have him in the heat. Yesterday we drove to Dayton and went to the Boonshoft museum. It was FUN!!
glad that asher is feeling a bit better.. dr. hillyer said that noah could have flare ups for the next several weeks.. yeah!!
i am certainly praying for peace about the kids and the schooling.. that would be hard to decide.. but you know, if you pull them now, and it doesn't work like you thought it would they can always go back in and by then you may be in a different district.. who knows?? right! well, GOD does, but you know what i mean! :)
i just heard someone else mention boonshoft museum.. what praytell is this museum?? very interested..
well chick.. hoping that you enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend with the family.. loveyouguys!
Post a Comment