Its so good to be home! Yesterday we spent about 13hrs on the road driving back from Myrtle Beach. On the way down we broke the trip into 2 days staying overnight in Wytheville, VA. Either way...the trip down and back were both LOOOOOOONGGGG.
Myrtle Beach was a nice experience but I'm not in a hurry to go back. I actually think if you are wanting a really nice beach/exotic experience...Florida would be the place to go or somewhere really south where the sand is like white sugar and the water is clear...at least that is what I hear about Pensacola and I think...Siesta Keys. Since I've never been to FL I can't say from personal experience but I was researching Fl this past winter, in the hopes of going there and learned some things about it.
Our room faced the beach but we didn't have a screen on the sliding door so we couldn't leave the door open very well....in case of bugs, you know. We did go to the beach often... mostly to walk, look for shells, Brendan liked to dig in the sand. I was disappointed in the shells. Mostly pieces of shells and is you were lucky enough to find one unbroken it was small (we did come home w/ maybe 3#s or so of shells/pcs of shells to add to my rock/butterfly garden- an inexpensive souvinier of our trip). No sand dollars or starfish. We did see what looked like a dead jellyfish w/o the tentacles. Still it was a very nice experience. I liked the palm trees...the resort idea was nice because it included so much...its not a luxury resort, although maybe they have some of that, don't know...but for all our package included it was a very good deal. We didn't have time or energy to do it all...we did as much as we wanted. It was great having a kitchen (though very small) to cook and keep our own food in...that made it more relaxing. But a vacation w/ 2 toddlers isn't really ....relaxing...until they go to sleep, you know? I was wondering if we needed a vacation FROM our vacation!
Jack was scared of the ocean, the pools, the clowns at the amusement park and other things I think. He'd insist on being held and then cling to us. I made him do stuff w/us in the water but he didn't like it for the most part. Brendan had a good time w/just about everything it seems. He'd sit on Joel's lap while they rode an "inner-tube" device down the water rides. or the lazy river.
We did the Ripley's Aquarium...which had been something we'd talked about doing since Brendan might have been a baby...only we were going to go possibly to the one in Gatlinburg, TN. Myrtle Beach has a lot to offer, there's plenty to do...not all at the beach but within walking distance too. If you ever plan to go and want some ideas...even like, the closest Walmart (yes, we shopped there once or twice too!)...just ask!
1 comment:
welcome back tracy!
I wish you would of had a better time.. but sometimes when the kiddos are young yet, its better to stay home till they are a little older. they appreciate it more and you have a more relaxing time..
good to have you back safe and sound.. have a great weekend .
loveya, sue
Post a Comment