Sunday, October 5, 2008

church update

Here is a link to the church we visited today:
http://dublinbaptist.com/

It was the first place that felt like home to us. I know it was only our first Sunday there and our opinion could certainly change in the coming weeks but I think that it's where God is leading us. I got so much out of the worship and the sermon I can't even begin to tell you. I felt like I was being fed after literally starving for the last couple of years. I think most of you know that I had been having a hard time at FBC long before Pastor Mark left. Everyone was friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. We left with 4 new aquaintances and a phone number from a 5th person. The kids loved it and you could tell they loved our kids!! The Pastor preached straight from the Bible and was hard hitting. It was very convicting. Andy absolutely positively loved it. It was the most relaxed I've seen him since we moved. It looks like there are a ton of activities and outreaches and ministries to get involved with. The people were from all walks of life. All ages and backgrounds. It was neat seeing so many Asian peoples in a Southern Baptist Church. One of the friendliest couples were Indian. The wife, Lydia, had one of those really pretty jewels in her forehead. Anyways I just can't say enough good about it at this point. I know most people expected us to jump right into Pastor Mark's church but honestly we didn't care for it. Not one single person spoke to or welcomed us or the kids any of the 6 times we visited. There is nothing "wrong" with it per se just not where we are supposed to be. Pllease continue to pray for our house to sell quickly!!

Love, Lori

1 comment:

secret sister said...

AWESOME lori, we are really glad that you found your new 'home'.
sounds great.
it must of been the sunday to be fed... because today i was fed for the 1st time in over a year! and i am ready for more...
we were fed by pastor bartell and he had a wonderful message that i can't wait to dissect this week...
loveya,
sue