Sunday, October 12, 2008

Joel's dad. Update.

Before we saw Bob on Saturday the news was very grim. He was incoherent or something like that, possibly dehydrated etc etc. I had a serious talk with the Lord Friday night just asking for another chance for Bob to be clear-minded enough to get saved. Saturday we walked in his room and he was up, wide-eyed, alert and called up by name about the instant we walked in the room. Joel's mom(who was not sure she wanted to come with us, had decided to) was stunned, she said she was glad she did come. He does have some confusion (it might be the meds, but I do n't know)...they were going to do an MRI on his head. He's able to feed himself and sounded like he had a good appetite but already had lost a lot of weight I was told..like 30#s possibly. He seems a bit "simple" in the head too, he wasn't acting like the old Bob. He referred to some hospital people we think as "the bad" people. I'm guessing he could only think in simple terms like that possibly about the tests or some work they had to do on him that he didn't like.

So, Joel had brought his bible but didn't get to talk to his dad at that time. But later yesterday Chris and Sandy went over to see him and Chris got right to the point explaining to him (not that Bob has never heard this...he's had chance after chance to receive the Lord right) that the Catholic Church has lied to him and that he cannot be good enough to get to heaven and that he needs Jesus. Anyways...Bob, got saved. At least we hope it was for real. Praise the Lord for that. Pray we'd see fruit from this decision and that the rest of the family would seek the Lord as well.

Last I heard it sounds like he is incurable and untreatable. Tomorrow Carol (mom) has a meeting with the doctor and Sandy is going to take her. Remember that in prayer too please. Carol has not been taking all of this well, but seeing Bob up and doing better did seem to give her some hope for him. Bob had just retired earlier this year. He may not live to the holidays I was told although I haven't been told what stage he is in or anything concrete like that.

Thanks for all the prayers so far!
Tracy

2 comments:

secret sister said...

Tracy,

I know I haven't commented yet but we have been praying. We will definitely continue to pray. Prayers for salvation and peace for everyone. If there is anything we can do please let us know.

I did get your e mail yesterday and wanted to let you know the package is on its way. It got out a bit late but it's coming!

Love, Lori

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lori!

luv,
Tracy