I think for Christmas and stocking exchange reasons each sister should post what they really really would like to have or what they need as gifts. We already know that we're going to buy something for each of our secret sisters so why not get exactly what they want. (Yeah Yeah I know "A million dollars!!!") Of course within monetary reason!!!! I just don't want to get something for my SS that she has 10 of or anything. And maybe there is one specific scented candle that no one ever gets for her. Sooooo......... hopefully you don't think this is a terribly tacky idea. I know that I would like to be able to get exactly what my SS needs.
With that said -
I am in desperate need of a new bible. The only one I have is about 12 years old and it's a Teen bible and I think I'm ready for "big girl pants"! Also for our first stocking exchange I received a candle called "Cinnavanilla Sundae" from Lori and I saved that thing until no more wax could be scraped out of the jar!!!! I don't know where you find such a candle but I will research it and see what I can come up with!!! Maybe Lori knows? I also need more fuzzy socks for after 2 pregnancies they are threadbare!!!! Okay that's all I know for now -- I hope you ladies like this idea!
Ashley
7 comments:
That is a wonderful idea; so...all you daughters, think what you really, really want and start posting; Dec. is almost here!! Mom
Hey Ashley
I was thinking about doing the exact same thing!! Great minds think alike.
You need to give me a call sometime. I've been thinking about you guys a lot lately:)
Love, lLori
Hey, Love this idea! I would love:
1. lowe's gift card
2. fuzzy slipper socks
3. mary kay mineral foundation (can't remember the color,have to ask Jessica)
4.carpet scrubber professional ;)
5.new bed in bag, pillows,sheet set,throw rugs OR Walmart gift card to buy what I so desperately need.
Love colors of chocolate, burgundy,ivory,ect
Love, Steph
wow steph , how big is your stocking? lol!!!!!!!! just kidding..
to my s.s- i am absolutely happy with anything you pick! i don't usually buy for myself so i would appreciate anything you gift me.. but please don't go overboard.. i am a woman of simple pleasures and needs. i would feel really bad if you went over the top..
btw: to all, is there a gift dollar amount that we are to stick to? just wondering.
oops, i forgot to say its me, sue:)
OH, let's see...I wanna new car; and I wanna a new washer and dryer. I wanna Hawaii vacation or a vacation to West Virginia will do. I wanna new bed and dresser set. Oh, I wanna new house; yes, that's what I want; I wanna a new house....and since I KNOW I am going to get all of this, you don't need to put any of this in a stocking; I don't really need a stocking, but thanks anyway!
Can we all be a little more serious and thoughtful? Please everyone, be specific and realistic...we are asking because we don't want to waste money on gifts that aren't needed, wanted, useful or end up being regifted to someone else.
I'm sure you'll like everything your given, but lets throw some real ideas out there...for once!
Thanks, Steph
Post a Comment