Well it's about time eh? Where do I start? Miss Addison is doing excellent. She's already getting sooooo chubby! She lost a lot of weight when she was first born and took a long time for my milk to come in but all is well now. She's about 6 1/2 weeks old she still has red hair and the prettiest blue eyes. She has A LOT of Creager in her. Trinity is still having a very hard time watching me nurse her. She doesn't like that closeness, I guess. She is very sweet to Addison when I'm not nursing. She lays her head on her and touches her very gently and gives her kisses but when I'm nursing watch out!!! She turns into a baby I don't know. I get very upset -- but I'm sure this will pass. (Pray for us though!)
I am now getting more sleep at night. Addison is extremely calm but she can't stand to lay on her back so night time is rough. If she's laying on my chest or next to me she's fine but she has yet to spend one night in her bassinet..... she just cries. If you don't lay her on her back she only cries when she's hungry. She's starting to really notice things and look around a lot. I wish I could keep her this size forever!
Dan is doing well although he has a rough time at work. People there are killing his passion for his job and now it's just a way to earn money. He gets frustrated so please pray that things will get better for him.
Happy belated birthday Lori!!! I'm sorry I missed it but I'll be lucky to remember Dan's birthday at this rate!
Going from 1 baby to 2 is definitely the hardest work I've ever done. Very stressful, very hard to not yell......but I pray. And when they cry uncontrollably at the same time, while I'm cleaning and trying to make dinner, and the phone's ringing, I sing "Glory Hallelujah" really loud until Trinity looks at me like I've lost my mind. Hey -It gets her to stop crying!
Well I must clean a little and get some food while they are both taking a nap. (How that worked out I have no idea!)
I love all of you
Ashley
2 comments:
Hey Ashley, glad to hear things are going good...for the most part. Going from 1-2 is a big transition! Some suggestions for your nursing dilemna....A basket or backpack of toys for Trinity that she can ONLY play with when you are nursing Addison. Make it seem super duper special. Maybe some crayons (they have those cute baby ones now)or colorwonder stuff (those don't stain or show up on anything but their own special paper. Maybe homemade play- doh (you can find edible recipes)with cookie cutters. Maybe a special dvd with music that she could get up and dance with. We have Lori Berkner and she is awesome! Lots of silly songs that have movements to follow along with. Just something that will keep her little hands occupied and make her feel special. Or would she sit still while you read to her. I nursed Maia and read books to Isaac at the same time a lot!!! This may be too old for her but does she have a dolly she could "nurse" while you nurse Addison. Maia "nursed" all her babies. I don't know Trinity might be too young to get the concept of that. In the end you're just going to have to be firm and consistent. Definitely try (notice I said try) not to yell but firmly tell her Addison is very important to me also and this is HER time. She just needs to get the point that her and Addison are equal, she isn't more special than Addison and Addison isn't more special than her. One thing I did learn from experience....I was very caught up in making sure Isaac knew he was loved and extra special and still my best little guy in the whole wide world that I think in the end it backfired just a bit. At almost 9 he feels very entitled. He seems to think he deserves things that his brother and sister don't. He feels superior over Maia and almost tries to parent her. Always telling her what to do and how he is better than her. We are constantly correcting his attitude towards her. They are best friends and extremely close but he is bossy and manipulative with her. I think if I would've handled things a bit differently when they were babies I wouldn't be dealing with his attitude now. Just a heads up!!
One last thing...I know it's hard but this time is fleeting. It goes by so fast and trust me in the end you will remember it as one of the best times in your life. When they are both in school and you are wishing you could put pigtails in their hair and dress them up in sweet little dresses again. Before you know it they will be big girls with attitudes and you will long for the times you're going through now. Read my own personal blog sometime and listen to Trace Adkins "you're gonna miss this". Just trust me you will miss it!!
Love you, Lori
Yeah, been there done that and that too! I have yelled. Don't recommend it either (if you can help it). I don't yell like I used to on occasion since the boys are older and a little more equals...I don't remember all the circumstances but I do remember Brendan was hard to deal with and he would hit Aisley or hit or pick on Jack. I'd just get to a point where I felt I couldn't take it and would scream at him like "STOP IT"...he would cry, it scared him I think and I've had to deal with my impatience but he has given me a run for the money and still gives us a hard time but I know thats part of childhood and personality and we need to be consistent with disciplining that kind of behavior. Thats another hard issue when you feel like you have to spank several times a day you start to second guess ...well, none of us are perfect and remember to be flexible...also if singing Glory Hallelujah works- great job! Sounds like it does...the need to scream doesn't seem to visit me like it did when things were more intense but should it arise again I'll have to remember to try to sing something like that nice and loud! haha
Luv-Tracy
And always pray of course too!
Post a Comment