Monday, April 7, 2008

Steph...re: vacation question

We are splurging this year on a beach vacation. We are getting the Family Value Package (its called something like that) at The Seamist Family Resort. We are taking the 3 day deal. The cost per night also includes daily/nightly passes to 2 different waterparks in the area, an amusement park, putt-putt and more benefits ...plus we have a kitchenette (stove,frig) and we are facing the ocean. Will also have a private balcony or a patio (depends on what floor we are on) so we can fix all our meals if we decide. Myrtle Beach (thats where this is) is about 11 hr drive..but we are going to stay overnight somewhere along the way most likely. I found out from calling that it is cheaper to reserve online than through a live person at the Seamist so that is what I did. And everything is within walking distance so we may not have to drive anywhere once we get there. You can go to www.seamist.com and check out their deals...watch the dates, some are more expensive...we are going on a Sun-Wed. I believe weekends are more expensive, etc.. I think the whole Seamist part (the 3 day pack deal) came to about$400-500. But I believe there are cheaper rooms... they have many options...50 different types of accomodation I think...from rooms to condo/apartment or stuff. We have a one room studio.
For something fun for your girls ages especially you may want to look into Castaway Bay at Cedar Point. It'd be a lot closer for you guys and you may get a really good deal for a couple hundred bucks, spend one night but get unltd use of the indoor water park the day of check in and check out plus more- I'm guessing. Lyns, Matt and Joel, me and Brendan (he was a baby) went there one year.

Hope that inspires you to find some good ideas for this summer!
Tracy :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy,

Thank you for the information, it sounds like a beautiful place to visit.

When did you say you were going? I don't remember reading it anywhere? I don't blame you for not putting it on the blog...strangers might be reading this. I'm sure they are! LOL

We have looked at castaway bay and different things here in Ohio...we just can't decide. When we do decide I'll let ya all know!

Bye :) Steph