Friday, April 25, 2008

Thanks Ladies

Thank you for the warm birthday wishes!! Andy took the day off work on Monday. They let me sleep in, brought me breakfast in bed and let me scrap. It was a nice day! No gifts because I got my pink ipod last month. We agreed that was my early gift. No cake either but he did get me a pie!! My mom stopped over on Tuesday and brought her gifts then. She always gives me and my brothers a week of gifts. So I got 7 bags numbered with what days to open them on. Day 1 was a necklace...day 2 were the matching earings...day 3 the matching ring. It's a very pretty set, sterling silver and a really pretty red. I still have 4 gifts left!! Days 4 and 7 are both pretty heavy so I'm curious as to what they are. It has been a pretty low key birthday this year.....even my aunt Jackie forgot!!! She stopped by but never said a word about it being my birthday. My gma did stop over and she brought me a blue (it's purple though) butterfly pincushion flower. It's really pretty. I need to find out where she got it so I can get another one to match it.

Please remember to keep praying for us. We need it right now. I'll tell ya'll the story after everything is said and done. If you have a chance around 1pm that would be a great time to pray for Andy. Specifically for wisdom, articulation, and peace!!

Love, Lori

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, when you say pin cushion, do you mean like for sewing pins? A week of gifts sounds fun...let us know what those other day-gifts were too!

Luv- Tracy

Anonymous said...

Hey Tracy, the pincushion is an actual flower. It's a perrenial so it will come back every year. Barring I don't kill it...which is very possible. It's really very pretty. My other gifts are as follows: day 4 Bath and Body works set (lotion, soap and body wash) in white tea and ginger scent. Day 5 Ankle bracelet and toe ring which matches the previous jewelry. Day 6 a really pretty watch that again matches the other jewelry. It's red and silver beaded and looks more like a bracelet. Day 7 a caddy with soap and hand lotion for my kitchen!!! It is fun getting gifts for a week. It was my brother Kyle's ingenious idea. He was totally joking but my mom thought it was a cool idea.
Love Lori