Friday, December 5, 2008

Last 2 days for double coupons at Kmart!

Hey, I'm not a fan of Kmart, but I like this thing they've been trying. This is the 2nd time double coupons have been offered in our Kmarts in the last...6 mos? A Super-K would be great for this, but I don't know of any near us.

But, thot I'd share. I've been hanging on to coupons, even the ones I don't usually use and last night decided to make a 2nd trip to Kmart to see if I could do any better than I did a few days ago. SATURDAY is the last day to take advantage of this double couponing episode.

Several days ago I saved close to $10 using coupons alone...got 4 items I think.

Last night I spent $21 exactly and saved almost $25 using coupons! Things were a bit picked over and their food section has much to be desired but I got 4 jars of Betty Crocker Vanilla frosting for 50cents each, 4 packages of Pillsbury? special cookie dough cookies ready to back for maybe $1.25 each, 4 sets of Ziplock containers (a total of 13 containers to freeze/etc food in, mostly rounds for soup, etc) ....about $1.25 per package of 3-4 sets. Kotex for about $1.50 each and big bags of Life Saver Mints for about 50cents each and a FREE bag of gummy LIfe Savers. I did notice that the register only gives you credit for up to the purchase price so they aren't paying ME to shop there. But that okay...otherwise I would have saved even more money!! They also HAD and were OUT of Reynolds Wrap that would have only cost me .99! I couldn't get any, they were out. I can try back Saturday if I want to see if any comes in on the Friday truck.

I got my first issue of Refund Cents in the mail too. I know I could save money by going online strictly and printing out what I want but with the printed guide I can read in the living room and high-light with the boys (last night they were "fishing" with their deflating balloons tied to string) -about every other second or so it was like "mommy, look at my white fish...purple fish...whatever fish" . The issue also gives out info on places to call for coupons (and maybe free items). http://refundcents.com/index.asp?RefID=FQV9

Its snowing again here. I hope the roads aren't bad tomorrow! Sorry you can't come Lori. But I know its a haul to come up this far. I better go get my cheesesticks today!

TTFN!
Tracy

PS- BTW...if anyone has any boys size 5 clothes they are getting rid of, I'll take them off your hands! Brendan is growing out of his 4's. I've been looking on Freecycle.com to see if anyone's getting rid of theirs...I did get a bag of 5-7mixed season/sizes but not much help right now. I've given away a lot of stuff on Freecycle to ...its a nice place to do both, get and give.

No comments: