I am using more coupons this year; AND....the amount I save per coupon, such as "50 cents" off something, the 50 cents is going into my "savings envelope". I plan on putting this money back for the entire year and then, perhaps use this money for something special....(don't know yet what it will be, but it will be fun to see how much money I have saved by using coupons!!) This goes for eating fast food also. Although we don't eat alot of ff, there are LOTS of coupons in the paper such as "buy one sandwich, get one free", so the amount of the "free" sandwich will go into my envelope also!!
Mom
3 comments:
that is a really good idea, saving the money you save from coupons.. i like that.. unfortunately, i take the time to cut them out, put them together, in my purse, and at the checkout, forget them..lol!!!! but i really like this idea. maybe this will be incentive to use the ones i cut out.. hee hee
What I started doing was cutting out all my coupons. I look through the weekly ads and take out the coupons; on my menu list I do this:
DRUG MART- Nice N' Easy $4.99-$2 OFF
That way I know when I'm in that particular store, which coupon I'm using..I paper clip the coupons together and place them in the wallet that holds my debit card. :) So far its worked!!
Tip: if you're looking for a TIDE laundry detergent go to that particular website and see if they have a big discount coupon you can print off. Sometimes the website has a $1 or more coupon and the newspaper might only have 25 cents.
Love ya!! HAPPY NEW YEAR! STEPH
thanks steph,
i have a bad habit of not writing checks anymore.. i use my debit. and that makes more sense.
i usually pull the coupon as soon as i put it in the cart, then by the time i reach the check-out i have either lost it or forgot about it! lol.
i wanted to let you know that they have a great selection over at the nutrition corner in dover.. of organics, they are a little pricey but it tends to go a long way. my sister, wendy does her shopping in canton i will get the name of the place, she said the prices are more reasonable. they have been eating mostly organics for about a year.. she lost 40 lbs. and bill has lost close to 50.. she said start small.to make sure you will use it.. b/c of the price.. . good luck
Post a Comment