I know everyone has been sitting on pins and needles waiting for such an update...right?....(LOL, snicker, hee haw, hehehe)....
Oh, but really I wanted to give credit to the Holmes company who owns the small heater we lost. I emailed them about the issue for whatever it was worth...at least to let them know what happened and to offer a picture of the burned part of the unit in case it would be useful for future work on their heaters. It took some time, but they answered me back, asked for some info about the product and my address (never needed the picture) and I didn't have the receipt anymore (to my knowledge) but gave them whatever info I could and they emailed me back saying that per the date code I gave them from off the unit that it was w/in warranty and they are sending me a replacement and I should have it in about a week. Wasn't that great of them! I didn't even know for sure when I bought it, though I know its not been very long...I told them maybe 1.5-2yrs ago. We have one or two other space heaters by the same company we've had for awhile.
Also, we bought the big heater - the EdenPure. I think our house isn't insulated very well (which can impede heating progress by the EdenPure) and our house is SO open. If you recall from being here...there is no door that shuts off the basement. We also have some other issues with drafts and stuff like that so I haven't noticed the degree of heat I would like to w/ the EdenPure. HOWEVER, I did roll up towels and put in front of the doors at the floor and the one open doorway to the basement I (easily, believe it or not) used a Scotch window treatment on...taped plastic in front of and that seems to have helped keep heat up here. The basement entrance at the top of the stairs leads to 3 doorways...one to the bathroom (door there), one to the sunroom (no door but we have a pc of furniture blocking it and this where I covered w/ plastic) and one doorway to the dining room that has a pocket door that slides in /out of the wall. So now we have that area taken care of. I use the Eden Pure right now in the sunroom which has no heat/cooling source built in it at all. And its quite cold in here but I'm sitting several feet from the EP and can feel the heat. But again, I know we have an issue w/ this room. We may need to do some work on it someday. BUT- I can have the house heat set for 68/69 and be okay. We have 60 days to try it out and we can return it if it doesn't work for us. Again, if it doesn't, its probably because of how open our home is. It might even be cheaper to install a sliding glass door between the sunroom and the dining room...I think the sunroom use to be a porch. Feels like one!
Okay...wake up now!
2 comments:
I'm so glad you are getting a replacement, what an answer to prayer!
I wouldn't put a sliding glass door with 2 little boys running through house, maybe you could get a metal door? LOL
Love ya.
Merry Christmas! Steph
I'd want to be able to see into the sunroom so its still part of the house and a metal door wouldn't work. Its not a regular doorway...much larger anyways. But this EdenPure is doing a really good job heating this room now. I was pleasantly surprised a couple minutes ago when I came in here.
Merry Christmas too!
luv ya.
T
Post a Comment