This question isn't geared toward getting/receiving SS gifts.
What are your views/opinions...when you, your family and/or children receive gifts for any occasion, what is the best way to say thank you?
Sending an email, a letter, a phone call? There's so many different ways to communicate now-a-days I'm trying to teach the kids how to properly send a thank you..even for small gifts.
Thanks! Steph :)
7 comments:
The proper way to say "thank you" is to either write them a note of thanks or face to face-thank you.
You should get the "thank you" note or say thank you to that person within the week. Let that person know how greatful you are to have received the gift.
love,
lynsey
hope that answers your question..lol
I say it depends on the person that received the gift and the situation. I will give you some examples: I know Great Grandma really likes to get letters in the mail so she can read them over and over again. If a child is too young to really "write" a thank you, they could draw a pretty picture (Sapphire used to send pictures to Gt. Grdma). If a child uses the computer alot, and the person that gave the gift has a computer, I say using the computer would be fine. If a child really "loves" to talk on the phone, then I would say using the phone would be fine...so, I guess, it would just depend on the situation and the ability of the child to write the thank you. In the "olden" days, there was only 2 choices; phone or snail mail.
Hope that helps a little...Mom
hi steph,
i to, think that the situation dictates the thank you in question.. my boys like to use the computer.. they have free e-cards..or they love to type in their own letters to grandparents.. it takes a little longer this way.. haha. i have always liked receiving a card.. but a hug and a smile trump that.. it seems we are in the age of computers and emails may be the only way for some.. i say as long as you make an effort to say thank you , whether face to face, email, e-card, mail, stopping by the other person appreciates it however they get it..
sorry, i guess i rambled again..lol.. happens a lot lately.. :)
hope this helps! :) have a great day.
i say us the computer because my hand shakes real bad when i write with a pencil or pen but if you use the cmputer then the person can read what you want to say. victoria
and i forgot to say that stmps cost alot of money.
When the boys get Christmas or birthday gifts from relatives who are not present to see them open them - I send a thank you card and sometimes include a picture of the boys.
-Trac
Thank you for you replies, you all were very helpful!
Love, Steph
Post a Comment