Thursday, February 5, 2009

Tracy's Updates

Just updating that Adjuster is suppose to be out here later this evening to assess interior damage. (Someone will have to come out in spring to check exterior).

My MRI is scheduled tomorrow afternoon for my lower back.

Joel's mom wanted to buy the boys beds (I think she may have bought her granddaughters bed yrs ago)- she only has and may ever have these 3 grandkids so she can afford this. We've been looking around for awhile now and settle on a really nice set at Wayside furniture earlier this week. Today they are suppose to be delivered. Joel and I are paying for the bunkie boards and mattresses though. The bunk set is a loft bed on top of a desk at one end and shelves/drawers at the other end. The bottom bunk is totally unattached and juts out straight from the wall where as the loft goes across (make sense?). Besides the style, which wasn't the main goal here, (we didn't have to have the extras) but this was possibly the only bed I can remember seeing that was solid wood (pine) and feels very sturdy and another plus for me- the loft is not as high off the ground as some of the more traditional bunks. So I feel better about it. The desk/shelving/drawers parts are nice since space in minimal at our house.

For starters everything will go in Brendan's room and then I think when Jack is old enough we will move him into that room too and maybe be able to use Jack's room for their toys, etc..

I still have border stuck on the walls of the bath and Jack's room...I just can't seem to find the right time to get it off. Anyone want to help? I'm borrowing a steamer so the kids can't do it, plus its at the top of the walls near the ceiling. Just give out a holler'. I'm at the point now where I will probably have to hire someone, cuz I can't get to it and Joel's work usually every day.

Well, thats it for now.

Oh, and here's an interesting story. About 20 yrs ago I bought a starter/demo? tape of Barry Blaze's Code of Ethics (Contempory Christian music) from Alan Howe (remember Al from FBC?). Back in the "day" -late 80's- I hung out with Alan, Brian Gerber, Mark Astrowicz (sp?), etc from the "then" singles class. Alan was friends w/ Barry and helping him get his music out there. I bought the tape for maybe $5. Well, recently I talked to Alan through Facebook and found out he was sort of acting as Barry's manager now, helping Barry get his new cd which is coming out 2/10 some publicity. By the way (btw)- Barry had made it to the mainstream back in the 90's I remembered hearing him on the radio when I was living in VA.

I told Alan I may still have that starter tape I bought off of him and he offered to buy it from me cuz its rare. So I looked around and found it along w/my other "forgotten" cassettes in a case and we are swapping. He gets my old tape which still works after 20yrs and he's sending me the new release of Code of Ethics today, which I will probably get before its even released to the public. Pretty cool! Some of the music is kind of techno? maybe, so mom probabaly won't like the remake of "Out of Egypt" but I like it and the message. You can hear it on my Myspace page www.myspace.com/tzdelar it automagically starts when you enter my page. For anyone who wants to hear it.

Thats it! Hugs to all,
Tracy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey tracy,
i just so happened to read this in one of my mags, that if you have stubborn border or wallpaper you take 1 part fabric softner to 1 part water soak the border using a spray bottle let set for 10-20 min. and then scrap.. supposed to be pretty easy to get off.. good luck.. sorry i won't be able to help, i am working on our rooms too.. our adjustor came yesterday and said that we have to wait till the roof thaws and get some one to look at the roof, and then they will repair all the damage.. cool huh? we are very blessed!
have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I suppose thats what we'll hear to, cuz can't fix something thats stillgoing to get wet. Be sure to update us when its getting fixed too. I'd like to know what all they replace for you. I'd like to get a remodeled room here! LOL

Trac

secret sister said...

Reminds me of "Dance like an Egyptian"...LOL

love ya..Mom

Anonymous said...

Just a note: I think I said he went "mainstream" I meant more like, "big time"...he was being played on the Christian radio and was nominated for a Dove Aware or something like that maybe?

Trac