Well I have been doing really really well with working out. I have been very consistent with my couch25k program. I am now up to running 3 minutes then walking 90 second intervals. At the end of that half hour I am completely soaked with sweat!! Then I hop on my Wii Fit and do an hour on there between strength training and Yoga.
Eating.....eehhhhh...I have slipped a few times. I'm trying to make more of a lifestyle change than a diet so that this becomes something I can sustain long term. I have been doing really well watching portion sizes and limiting sugar. But in the last 3 weeks Andy has brought home doughnuts and ice cream twice. Plus he brought home a brownie from Panera and cake from Whole Foods. Now I still have ice cream in the freezer and I only ate one doughnut but I did eat my piece of cake and I couldn't resist the brownie. Another thing I've been successful with is not bingeing at night!!
Overall I am very proud of myself!! In fact each time I finish the running part of my exercise routine I scream and yell as loud as I can "I DID IT.....WWOOOOOHHHHHHHOOOOOO.....I DID IT!!!!!!! It drives my kids completely crazy!! But running sucks and I hate it but yet I continue to do it because I know it's good for me. When it starts to get really tough and my legs feel like they are going to give out and my lungs feel like they will explode I start thinking about all the disabled and elderly people out there who would love to be able bodied enough to run and that keeps me going. Plus I talk to and worship Jesus a lot...then before I know it it's all done. But truth be told I haven't lost a. single. pound. After 3 weeks of hard work!!! But I'm gonna keep on and think about how much better I feel. I am also trying to really up my water inake. This one is hard for me though but I am getting there. Slow and steady wins the race right? PLus an unexpected bonus of the exercising is that I'm not so OCD about the house being spotless. I am much more relaxed it seems. Almost like if I have control of my body I no longer need complete control of my house. Don't get me wrong my house is still clean it's just not spotless at all times.
The financial goals can't be set into motion until next month so I will update then. Although I'm thinking it may be difficult to reign Andy in financially. He likes to spend money. That ice cream he brought home is from a place called Jeni's splendid ice cream. It's a local place and it's fantastic and expensive!! Andy came home with 2 pints of ice cream and a debit receipt that proved we were 15 dollars poorer!! For ice cream!!! I was not happy:( He heard about it!!
As for shopping...I will be doing that in a couple of days so I will post an update then. The good news is that I haven't shopped since last time I posted. So we've gone 2 weeks. Now we did need to go pick up some extra eggs, milk, and fruit but...not so bad:)
I am doing okay with my scrapping. Not great but I have done a couple pages. What I'm struggling with is making and sending some thank you notes/correspondence. I am so so so bad at this. Hoping to work on it today!!
Lori
7 comments:
Wow Lori, you are doing great; congradulations!! I enjoy reading all the updates; all the progress and all the future plans. Sue is doing real well too, with her workouts and her meal planning. I believe Stephanie and Jessica are still working out every day; and if I understood Ashley, she has really lost the inches...so....CONGRADULATIONS to all you beautiful ladies. Love ya, Mom
That sounds like hard work! :) Keep it up...if you're burning more than your putting in you should start losing I've heard. I think genetics & metabolism come in to play too. I have heard of some tricks...like don't eat after 730pm, don't eat bread products, eat like 6 smaller meals throughout the day (I think this keeps up your metabolism burning)...not that any of this is EASY. Yeah, no bread?! Not me, I need carbs. Just not as many as I eat apparently cuz I've had a hard time losing weight too...I obviously need to cut some carbs and watch other things. Oh well, takes lots of discipline. If I only hated sugar/carbs... :)
luv,
Tracy
Yeah 3500 calories = 1 pound. So for every 3500 calories I save or work off I should lose a pound. I'm kinda concerned about my thyroid and am wondering if that might be the reason my body wants to hold onto excess weight. I'm gonna give it awhile and if the weight loss isn't coming along then I'll have to see a Dr. I worked my tail off last year and only lost 12 pounds in over 4 months. Last year I counted every single itty bitty calorie and tracked them on myfitnesspal.com. Plus I was working out 2 hours a day....so it's not for lack of trying:) I'm trying to drink more water because admittedly I don't drink near enough. Andy swears I go through life constantly dehydrated!! And I know water plays a very important role in weight loss.
Anyways I got on my wii fit balance board today and it said I lost 2.2 pounds since yesterday. Everytime you get on it it weighs you. I'm pretty happy with that number as my goal is to lose 2 pounds a week. My hope is that since muscle weighs more than fat I've been actually losing fat but yet gaining muscle. Plus muscle is imperative to losing fat as it speeds up metabolism and eats fat!!! I definitely feel like I'm at least losing inches have more energy and I'm in better spirits:) That right there makes it all worth it.
Lori
awesome lori!!! keep it up.. i know i havent' seen a lot of loss, i guess i am used to the biggest loser, when they get up there and lose 15lbs.. they are also working out 8 hours a day w/o any interruptions from the outside world.. yeah! i could lose that way.. wow, ice cream is that expensive? is that the place that makes it on location homemade? still.. kinda pricey!
good luck and great news!
loveya,
sue
Lori,
Do you measure inches? I have gotten about as far as I can with diet alone (because I DO NOT want to exercise). I am doing it now and lost 2 inches in the first week! So I am keeping up with it as well. It's nice motivation to think of others that don't have the abilities we have.
Keep up the EXTREMELY hard work. That takes true dedication!!!
Love you
Ashley
I love all you girls so much. Thank you for being so encouraging:)
Ashley are you starting to work out now? If so what are you doing?
Sue there are 2 really great ice cream places here. Graeter's which does make their ice cream and cones homemade but are more reasonably prices. Still expensive in my book but not too bad. The ice cream is pretty sweet and has flavors you would expect to see. They also have a fun play place that the kids love. Jeni's splendid ice cream is...well...splendid!!! And EXPENSIVE!!! But oh so good. It's definitely more for adults than kids but she has the most unique flavors ever. She makes all her ice cream in single batches in an Italian Gellato machine. You should check out her website just to see all the interesting flavors she has.
Tracy I think genetics and metabolism play a huge part in weight loss as well. I mean God gave each of us a different body type after all. I will never be stick thin. I will always be heavier through the thighs. My goal is to just firm them up and make them muscular again. Like I know I can achieve a flat tummy because I ALWAYS had one before...so there is no reason for me to flabby there now. Plus I just want to be healthy, set a good example for my kids and have more energy:) And I hear you on the bread...I tried to give it up once a couple of years ago. I will never try that again....I need bread. I just changed it up to whole wheat:)
Lori
I may be "ditto-ing" on Ashley's comment. Though I haven't lost much at all regarding weight...I have been slimming down w/ exercise...I can say this, I could wear a 6 before kids, after Jack I was a 12. I am down to an 8! Yippie!
Post a Comment