Financial:
We are striving to make a budget and stick to it! Our budget will include an aggressive plan to get out of debt and save up money for a down payment on a house. We think we will stay in this rental for 1 more year and that will give us enough time to put some money into savings and pay off our stinky credit card. It kinda sucks because we pay a crazy amount each month on rent and interest rates are so low and it's a buyer's market but....we really want to be smart about this and gain financial freedom. This will be really really hard for us to do. One of us is a spender:( We have never had extra money before now-we've always had JUST enough.....so it will be interesting to see if we can be faithful and follow through on our plans to "live like no one else now, so we can live like no one else later" Dave Ramsey style!!
Physical Health:
Last year on the 1st of January I began a very very intense workout/eating regimen. I was very diligent and faithful with this (obsessive) until mid April when our lives were turned upside down. I counted and tracked every. single. calorie. that went into my body. On top of that I worked out 2 hours a day at least 6 days a week. I only lost 13 pounds in 4&1/2 months. It got to the point where Andy suggested I go see a Dr. and have some tests run on my thyroid because he saw I was working really hard to have such cruddy results. Maia watched very closely how all of this affected me and she started to be concerned about her own weight:(This year I'm starting over....but doing things differently. I will not be counting calories. I will eat a healthy diet. Lots and lots of fresh veggie's, fruit's, whole grain's and some lean proteins with lots of fiber thrown in for good measure. I will allow myself occasional treats. I will not focus on my weight but on my overall fitness level. I DO NOT want Maia to see me get all obsessed with numbers on a scale again. I'm going to strive to be a good example for her so that she can develop a positive body image instead of stressing that she's fat. I will be a good example by working out daily. I just started the couch to 5k program tonight. I had just started this program in April before I threw in the towel altogether. I think I'm gonna like it!! I am also playing lots and lots on my Wii fit. Which is loads of fun but yeah a good workout as well!! Hopefully I'll get fit and lose all this extra junk in my trunk:) According to Wii ZFit I'm obese!!
I'm gonna really up my water intake!! I think dehydration may be contributing to my declining physical and mental health at this point. I know I don't drink enough water and I preach it at my kiddo's enough that you'd think I would know better.
Church:
I'm gonna get more involved in our Church and try to make some friends there. New Sunday School classes are getting ready to start up again and I'm gonna climb out of my comfort zone and sign up for one. There is so much to get involved with at DBC but I think this is a good start for now.
Scrapbooking:
Get back into it. Get some new photo's processed and just jump back in. Maybe update Scrappy Chic!
Volunteering:
Find a way we can volunteer somewhere as a family!!Maybe twice a month would be a good start.
My Kids:
Have some FUN with them!!! Not stressed out fun but relaxed hanging out kind of fun:) Take more time out to spend some individual time with each of them.
In General:
Appreciate the beauty in each new day. Recognize big and small blessings throughout every day. Spend some quality time with the older people in my life. And ask them questions about their lives so I can pass on their stories to future generations.
Fun:
Bake a new kind of cookie every week!! Leave my house more!!!
My Heart:
I have been holding a hurt in my heart for awhile now and can't seem to get over it. I have been trying really really hard but the pain still just feels so fresh. So I am purposing to love the person/people and to do good for them and counter my negative thoughts with positive thoughts toward them. It is really hard to love on individual/s who don't love you back. But I'm hoping that by doing this I can get past all of my hurt feelings. I hope this one happens early in the New Year because I know my heart on this particular matter isn't where God wants it to be:(
I am going to set out to take a deep breath and relax and laugh more this year. I also hope to cut myself some slack this year and to stop beating myself up because I'm not perfect. For some reason the only person I expect perfection out of is myself and I'm very very hard on myself when I don't meet my own expectations!!
Hope everyone reaches their goals!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment