Sunday, January 11, 2009

Need help.

Hey, we were blessed with a "new" dishwasher...I was scrapbooking w/ some ladies and one of them whom I had never met before told me she was giving away their dishwasher for free (cuz it was in the house when they moved into it and it doesn't match their kitchen now- so they bought a new one...I know, some people have it so hard! LOL- incidentally this dishwasher matches our fridge!). Anyways...a friend of ours installed it for us except for the screwing it in and finishing the bottom plate that goes across the wires because...apparently the people before us added a 2nd floor to the kitchen (almost like they were too lazy to pull up the old lanoleum and replace it so they put down a new board and new linoleum) and Dave couldn't get the dishwasher to slide in w/ its "feet" down...or something like that. So...we need someone to lift the dishwasher up so it fits correctly the North/South way. I'm able to use it as is but would really like it finished, plus to not have to worry about kids pulling wires out from the bottom- because thats not covered.

Any of you want to volunteer your husbands to help us out? I'll throw in a free meal for whatever time of day you and your family are up here to help us? :0 ) Or I 'll babysit your youngins for free so you all can enjoy a datenite...huh, huh, what do ya say...huh?

Also- one of my other scrapping friends has some furniture they may be giving away too...and I suspect ( just cuz of the little I know about them) that it will be nice stuff too though, not perfect. I'm waiting for her to email me what she's wanting to get rid of. Steph, what was it you were still looking for?

luv,
Tracy


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy!
I can't volunteer Darrel yet, cuz we don't know his work schedule. But I could use furniture real bad! We need a couch or love seat, chair(s), anything that keeps us from sitting on the floor :)

Let me know what day you are wanting to get the dish washer put in and I'll find out Darrels schedule.

Oh, we would take a dish washer if anyone gets rid of one :)

Love, Steph

Anonymous said...

Well, Darrell won't help unless he knows how to get a dishwasher up, the guy who put it in for us is a handy man of sorts but not a prof. dishwasher installer. Does Darrell know anything or have any experience w/ this kind of house stuff?

Also- I know my scrap.friend may have a recliner and a couple "office" like chairs, maybe black leather? to get rid of. I asked her today at church to email me what she is getting rid of.

Regarding dishwasher...this is an under counter type. I didn't think one like this would work for you guys- can you use an undercounter or does it have to be one of those other kinds you just hook up to the sink?