I had heard about couch to 5k via one of my online message boards so I googled it. Lots of sites popped up but I think the main one was Cool Running.
http://www.buriedtalentsband.com/C25K/
This is the link for the Christian site. The style of music is not my thing but I will stcik with this site because I do find that keeping my focus on the Lord helps me to stick with the run and not give up.
It's not a program that you need to buy anything for or anything like that it's just a download that tells you when to run and when to walk. I tried to do this on my own as far as timing it by a watch but it was just to difficult for me. Much easier to just listen to what the vioce tells you to do. Plus he encourages you to stick with it.
Another program that is fantastic is walk away the pounds with leslie sansone. I love this video series. Very low impact but it does the trick. It uses stretchie bands for resistance and different walking steps to help tone different areas. I had the express version which gives you 3 cd's...15...30...or45 minutes. You pick which one works for you on any given day. It is a really good workout.
If anyone has fit tv station they have some really good yoga and pilates workouts on there.
Happy Fitness Everyone!!
Lori
Hey Sue how are doing with working out? I am doing wii fit everyday and I did my run 2 days in a row. I don't think my muscles will let me run today so I'm gonna do strength training and yoga later on today!!
3 comments:
hey lori,
sounds like you are kicking your own butt! lol! the exercise is coming along great.. 4 days in a row and the first wasn't as intense as i wished it would be, but i didn't want to push myself to much, since this body hasn't seen exercise in a few years.. lol.. it felt good! i ran the steps for about 10 min. and wear my ankle weights all day.. the second day was a lot easier, and the last 2 have been great.. i feel more confidence and am doing a lot more repetitions.. i am trying to eat a bowl of some lowfat cereal in morning, yogurt snack. and then salad or soup for lunch.. dinner has been broiled or baked chix with veggies or baked dry potato.. dry popcorn is my favorite to.. for snack that is.. i have more energy even in just 4 days.. shaun says that if you do something for 30days, that it will become a habit.. i am really shooting for this to be a habit! well gotta go. loveya,
have a great week and thanks for all the advice.. to you and all the others! i love the encouragement we are giving each other..! sue
Hey Sue,
great job girl!!! I totally did not work out today:) And I ate some vanilla wafers too:( Oh well tomorrow's a new day right?
If I were you I would put some salsa and plain non fat yogurt on that there baked potato:)
Lori
good job lori and sue! I'm jumping here for 1 second :) I'm on day 3 for exercise...I've been shooting for 6 days a week instead of the 3 a week like the last few weeks :(
today's food choices were HORRIBLE! BUT I was awesome all week, and will be on the wagon again tomorrow :)
For every 15 minutes of exercise I put a little tiny sticker on my calendar...if there aint' no sticka' then I get off my booty..get my timer...and run in place :)
Love you ladies!!Steph
Post a Comment