Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Prayer Request

Not a biggie (I hope) but for several months now I've had something "pinching"? a nerve? around my tailbone area that causes pain and a tight feeling in the back of my left leg (like the hamstring). I attribute the cause w/ working out, which I'm thinking maybe the treadmill but don't know the cause. Anyhow...been seeing a chiropractor for maybe 5-6 mos and just can't get rid of it. We may have to do an MRI to see what might be the cause but he hasn't ordered one yet.

Would you pray its nothing serious and that it gets fixed as easily and inexpensively as possible? Hopefully no surgery. I just say that in case it comes down to it...a friend of mine just found out that she has a ruptured disk in her neck (she was having problems including nausea before they did her MRI)...it got me really wondering if I need one too. Already had an xray done in the beginning of my chiro. care. Dr. says MRI is really expensive like $1000. So- anyways... thanks for the prayers.

luv,
Tracy

PS- oh yeah...remember our bad sunroof that had melting snow coming through the ceiling and Eric and his bro (Joel injured his ankle) replaced the roof and then we had to pay someone about $300 to replace the ceiling inside? Well, its happening AGAIN but in a couple different places at the windows but coming in the inside of the house....which for all we know, it may be collecting inside the ceiling but not showing through yet. I've beenw waiting since yesterday morning to hear back from our ins. agent's office to see if they will cover it this time. This is a job they didn't cover before due to it was a mainenance issue. Well, now that we fixed it, I hope it will be covered. This is totally separate from the hail damage that got our main roof replaced.

Say a prayer for that too? Thanks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi tracy, we will be praying its nothing serious or expensive and also for your leaking roof. could it be foundational...as in the foundation is coming loose from you house and there's a gap in the ceiling boards?

love ya, Steph

secret sister said...

Hi honey....we will be praying that it is "just" a pinched nerve from exercising and that it will work itself out; also will be praying for the roof and ceiling problem. We have prayed for ours; had professionals fix it; "layed hands on it" and our ceiling still leaks....lol....as you know from being in my office and looking up above!! Keep us posted!!! Love ya..Mom

Anonymous said...

Re: Steph's thots on foundation.

I doubt it...we don't seem to have any problems like this w/ any other part of the house and this is probably a newer additions (I think it was a porch someone enclosed). Maybe needs more tiles or ? to guide the water over the ledge of the roof so it spills onto the ground instead??? Don't know. May have to have an adjuster come out and look at it.

maila said...

We will be praying for you Tracy. Will your insurance cover any of the costs associated with an MRI?

Lori

Anonymous said...

I haven't looked into that yet. Chiropractor hasn't said we need it yet so when the time comes I'll learn more.

As for the roof, the agents office called me back today and she actually has the same kind of thing happening at her house, but to call the claims office means an automatice "claim" marked on our policy even if there doesn't have to be one. Thats why she wanted to call them and talk to them herself before I did so we didn't get that strike against us.

She advised we get an estimate first b/c if its less than our deductible we shouldn't file it but if its more than we could pursue. BUT- she and I agreed that it would be better to wait till things thaw since no one can probably do anything anyways right now AND I do want to be sure that we don't miss any other serious damage....like if there is frozen water in another part that just hasn't made its way to be shown. With everything so frozen, there's no leaking going on right now that I can see.

Thanks for all the prayers!